A collection of stories by the students of the creative writing class at Marin Montessori School.

The Magical Cat

by Kai

Once there was a cat named KK. He smelled sweet cat food. He ran to the kitchen immediately.

When he was sitting he was thinking about an adventure in his head. How about if I go to ancient Egypt?

After he ate he time-traveled to ancient Egypt. He saw a tomb. He went inside. It was damp and dark. He was scared. There were spiders everywhere. He saw a huge spider.

He finally found jewels, but it was booby-trapped all over the place. He walked slowly to the jewels. The booby traps went off. He ran. He looked behind him. He saw a mummy! He hurried out of of the tomb. Happily, he had grabbed the jewels just in time. The jewels were the color green.

But he felt something was tickling him. He looked behind him. It was the mummy. He thought the mummy must have camouflaged itself. He was a really smart and intelligent cat, but he had to get up and run. He could imagine his little cat sarcophagus in his head. He felt terrified, but he thought hard, really hard, about getting home.

POOF

He was found lying on his little bed. He sighed. He ran to the kitchen.

He yelled, "Mom, do we have milk?"

"Yes," said his mom.

So he opened the refrigerator door.

"BOO!"

His friend jake popped out.

"Aaa! How did you get in my house?"

"Well, the backdoor was open, so I decided to check if you were okay."

"You don't just come in."

"But I am a street cat. And you drank all the milk."

"So what?" said KK.

"So what do you do in this dump?"

"It's not a dump. You live in a dump, Jake."

"So? I don't have a home."

"If you don't get out in a second I will call the police."

"Okay, okay, I'll get out."

Jake left.

KK time-traveled to Rome! When he got there he made a mistake and he was in the war. He was wearing an army hat and army clothes.

The boss said, "You in the cat costume, do 100 pushups for me."

"Meow."

"Stop playing around with me, soldier."

"Meow, meow."

"Now you earned a sleep in the fuel lot for the army cars!"

KK put the sad and cute cat face on.

"You little cutie patootie, but you are going to be the first one out for war!"

"Meow!"

"Now go to the cannon."

POOF, off KK went. KK went so far he went to space and he saw all the way down to earth down below. There was a spiky mountain. And then he fell.

But luckily, a huge bird came out of nowhere and they flew all the way to to a little cardboard box that said "The Animal Savers." He thought it was a dream, but it was not.

When they got to the ground the bird said, "My name is Turk, and who are you?"

"I'm KK, and thank you for saving me."

"You're so cool, and this is animal saver's headquarters, and do you want some soup?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Wait a second. Here is your soup."

"Thanks."

When KK took a sip he said, "Eww, what is in this nasty soup? Eww, mashed-up worms and dirty water. Did you hear what I said? Soup!"

"Oh, so you want more soup."

"No."

"Okay, okay, I'll find a bed for you. The only thing we have left is the master bedroom."

"I'll take it."

"Okay, come with me."

When he got there there was a big screen TV and a whole kitchen full of food. But he shortly noticed it was actually a hotel. "Wow," said KK.

"Sir, would you like a big bed too?"

"Yes, I would."

"Come this way. Okay, here is your room."

"Thanks a lot!"

"You're welcome."

When he got in he jumped up on the bed, and then he looked in the snack bar. Yummy fish. "Yum, this is so good," he said. He picked up a pickle.

TO BE CONTINUED...